Can You Make A Storage Unit into a Man-Cave?
February 5, 2020
If you have been long dreaming to have your own man cave where you can enjoy your favorite manly pastime, such as working out, gaming, playing cards with friends, enjoying your favorite music or other, but you have no room to create that space in your home, you still have two great options: you can either rent a unit in a storage facility and configure the space you need inside your rented unit or you can get a shipping container of your own and set up your man cave on your own property in that container. Here are some tips and options for you.
How to Make the Most of Your Rented Storage Unit
Mini storage Fort Smith AR providers offer units of various sizes for rent and there are also several equipment levels to choose from. Outdoor storage spaces are usually suitable for vehicles and other bulky items that are not sensitive to the weather, so they are not the best options for man caves, but you still have two other options: temperature-controlled units that come with heating to maintain interior temperature comfortable and climate-controlled units that add humidity-control to temperature control.
Beside the location and the level of equipment, you also need to choose the unit of the right size. Figure out exactly what you want to move into your man cave, measure each of the items and consult the facility’s sizing guide to find the unit of the best size.
Use Shipping Containers to Set Up Your Man Cave on Your Own Property
Many storage facilities offer units configured from shipping containers, so there is no reason why you cannot do that, too. The large boxes made from sturdy metal, with reinforced walls and hinged doors are perfect for setting up your own man cave. The steps of the process are the same as in the case of rented units: you need to figure out how you want to furbish and equip your space, then choose the container of the right size and buy it. Expect container prices to range between $1,500-5,000, the overall costs of the set-up depending on the features that you want in the container. Your costs will increase if you decide to add insulation, multi-pane windows, heating and special flooring in your container. However, if you have your own container, you don’t need to pay for all those features in one go – you can take your time to enhance the comfort in your space little by little.
Other Aspects to Pay Attention to
It is a good idea to consult your local building regulations and HOA covenant (if your neighborhood has a HOA) or to consult a local construction specialist to find out whether there are any special requirements that you must respect in terms of the location of your container-man cave, the colors used on the exterior and other features. If your shipping container space does not comply with local regulations, you might be made to remove the structure and that is surely that you want to avoid.
Packing for Your Big Move – The Most Essential Recommendations to Consider
October 10, 2019
Packing is one of the activities that you definitely don’t want to be late with whenever you move to a new home. If you’re used to moving from place to place, you probably already know all about it. However, if you lived in the same house for years, then you might need to check out a few tips on how to prepare for your move in a stress-free and organizes fashion.
Tips on the Most Important Packing Tasks to Keep Track of
First of all, it’s important to realize the fact that, once you signed the deal and made the transaction to buy your new home, there’s no turning back. It will be just a matter of time before you and your household have to greet the Wheat Ridge movers and get everything over to the new place.
However, in most cases you have at least a few weeks at your disposal before that happens. So, it’s important to plan ahead and cover all the important activities that you’ll have to consider. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Make sure you inventory all your furniture, electronics, appliances and clothes, and place any other belongings in separate boxes so you can keep track of them.
- Set aside a specially labeled or colored box for all your important documents, including anything from the transaction documents for your new house payment, to your kids’ school diplomas, your insurance policies and your contract from work.
- Before hiring a Wheat Ridge moving service, take note of any especially heavy and/or fragile items you might have around the house such as a piano or a large metal bed, and ask them if they are able to carry and transport them safely to your new home.
- You have to make sure you clean your old home thoroughly and present it to the new owner as if it was brand new.
- Finally, make sure you have a fail-safe solution in case there’s a mistake and the moving van doesn’t arrive yet. For instance, make sure you have a friend with a pick-up truck ready and the name of a dependable storage provider, so you can just take all your essentials to the new home and then, if possible, have everything else placed in a nearby storage unit until you can get to it.
What Not to Leave for the Last Moment
If you’re moving out of state or to a remote location that you can’t really return from so easily if you forget your hat, make sure you keep track of all essential tasks and avoid leaving the ones that are most important to the last moment.
Hiring Wheat Ridge movers should be done at least 6 weeks in advance, and you need to find dependable storage providers and utility providers in your new area as soon as possible as well. The idea is to basically just stroll into your new home, arrange your furniture, and get settled without worrying that much about what you might have forgotten.