Packing for Your Big Move – The Most Essential Recommendations to Consider
October 10, 2019
Packing is one of the activities that you definitely don’t want to be late with whenever you move to a new home. If you’re used to moving from place to place, you probably already know all about it. However, if you lived in the same house for years, then you might need to check out a few tips on how to prepare for your move in a stress-free and organizes fashion.
Tips on the Most Important Packing Tasks to Keep Track of
First of all, it’s important to realize the fact that, once you signed the deal and made the transaction to buy your new home, there’s no turning back. It will be just a matter of time before you and your household have to greet the Wheat Ridge movers and get everything over to the new place.
However, in most cases you have at least a few weeks at your disposal before that happens. So, it’s important to plan ahead and cover all the important activities that you’ll have to consider. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Make sure you inventory all your furniture, electronics, appliances and clothes, and place any other belongings in separate boxes so you can keep track of them.
- Set aside a specially labeled or colored box for all your important documents, including anything from the transaction documents for your new house payment, to your kids’ school diplomas, your insurance policies and your contract from work.
- Before hiring a Wheat Ridge moving service, take note of any especially heavy and/or fragile items you might have around the house such as a piano or a large metal bed, and ask them if they are able to carry and transport them safely to your new home.
- You have to make sure you clean your old home thoroughly and present it to the new owner as if it was brand new.
- Finally, make sure you have a fail-safe solution in case there’s a mistake and the moving van doesn’t arrive yet. For instance, make sure you have a friend with a pick-up truck ready and the name of a dependable storage provider, so you can just take all your essentials to the new home and then, if possible, have everything else placed in a nearby storage unit until you can get to it.
What Not to Leave for the Last Moment
If you’re moving out of state or to a remote location that you can’t really return from so easily if you forget your hat, make sure you keep track of all essential tasks and avoid leaving the ones that are most important to the last moment.
Hiring Wheat Ridge movers should be done at least 6 weeks in advance, and you need to find dependable storage providers and utility providers in your new area as soon as possible as well. The idea is to basically just stroll into your new home, arrange your furniture, and get settled without worrying that much about what you might have forgotten.